The ASBL Horizon 50-200 is looking for a Chief Operating Officer
Context of the job:
The association Horizon 50-200 (ASBL), located on the site of the Parc du Cinquantenaire in Brussels, aims to:
- Promote, develop, repurpose, renovate and perpetuate the recreational, cultural and scientific hub formed by the Parc du Cinquantenaire and its buildings, institutions and collections which are exhibited or preserved there.
- Promote and encourage citizen participation in the debate on major societal issues such as the future of Europe, climate, biodiversity, decolonisation, political systems, etc.
- Organise participatory reflection on the future identity of the Cinquantenaire by 2030.
- Promote synergies between the actors on the Cinquantenaire site and the relations between these actors and all the stakeholders (Brussels-Capital Region, City of Brussels, Commune of Etterbeek, etc.).
- Develop links with other federal scientific institutions and cultural institutions as well as with other cultural and/or recreational centres.
- Integrate the European institutions into the recreational and cultural hub.
It may provide assistance to and show interest in any initiative that pursues similar goals.
In order to achieve the objectives set out above, the Association may carry out the following activities on a non-profit basis:
- coordinating the reflection on the future of the recreational, cultural and scientific hub by organising, among other things, round tables or meetings with the parties concerned such as the institutions present on the site, the other cultural clusters (in particular the Mont des Arts), the federal scientific institutions, other cultural or scientific institutions, the citizens, the inhabitants of the neighbourhood, the European institutions present in the neighbourhood, the authorities of the municipalities concerned and the Brussels-Capital Region, etc.;
- developing and implementing a programme of recreational, educational, cultural and scientific activities on the site throughout the entire renovation phase;
- setting up and organising round tables, an agora where citizens debate major societal issues;
- contributing to the organisation of the festivities to mark Belgium's bicentenary and the anniversary of its federated entities;
- contributing to the realisation of Museum miles linking the Cinquantenaire site to other cultural clusters;
- finding partners in Belgium and abroad to implement these activities
- collecting funds and grants and finding patrons to finance these activities
- Organising the administrative and financial support for the reflection on the future of cultural hub of the Cinquantenaire site and the partnerships related to this reflection;
- Providing administrative and financial management for projects such as the creation of an agora or a programme of cultural and scientific events on the site;
- Ensuring the general management of the human and financial resources (with the support of a social secretariat and an auditor) of the ASBL Horizon 50-200 and ensuring the efficient use of resources;
- Ensuring the legal conformity of the acts carried out by the ASBL Horizon 50-200;
- Coordinating relations between the Régie des bâtiments, BELIRIS and the institutions present on the Cinquantenaire site;
- Acting as Executive Director of the ASBL Horizon 50-200, forming a team with the Chief Executive Officer and reporting to the Board of Directors.
Diploma and experience
- Diploma required at the closing date for applications: Master's degree or equivalent;
- 5 years' proven experience in managing large-scale projects;
- Experience in infrastructure project management is an asset;
- Experience in the cultural sector is an asset.
- You are an innovative thinker, bringing innovative and creative ideas to the table;
- You proactively set goals, carefully document action plans and mobilise the right resources within the available timeframe;
- You support the staff of the ASBL in their development and give them performance- and development-oriented feedback;
- You encourage and improve the team spirit of approximately 10 people (support staff and staff linked to the ASBL's activities) by sharing your opinions and ideas and by helping to resolve conflicts between colleagues;
- You support internal and external clients in a transparent, honest and objective manner, offering them a personal service and maintaining constructive contacts;
- You are committed, willing and ambitious to generate results and take responsibility for the quality of the actions undertaken.
- You have good knowledge of project management (including the financial dimension), financial management and public procurement;
- You have knowledge of accounting;
- You are fluent and convincing in French, Dutch and English.
You will be recruited as a full-time Operational Manager (38 hours/week) for an indefinite period. The recruitment is part of a project that is to be defined within the next two years in a process that can last up to eight years. Benefits :
- attractive salary;
- open-ended contract;
- pleasant and stimulating working environment;
- easy access by public transport;
- free public transport to and from work;
- group insurance;
- hospitalisation insurance ;
- 26 days leave per year.
- Screening of applications A first selection will be made on the basis of the profile and the conditions for participation (diploma and experience required). At the end of this screening, a maximum of 4 candidates will be selected, taking into account the eligibility conditions of diploma and experience as well as the affinity (motivation letter) with the field of the offered position.
- Interview The selected candidates will be invited to an interview. Depending on the circumstances, this interview will take place on Friday 24 June 2022 in person or by videoconference, according to instructions provided in advance.
- Your application (covering letter, curriculum vitae, copy of diploma) must be sent by Monday 20 June 2022 at the latest to email@example.com.
PDF version: Chief Operating Officer EN.pdf